Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bubble Tea



One of my favorite drinks in the world! We tried some at Wok of Fame, Villagio, Doha this past weekend and although it was not the best bubble tea I've ever had, it had the best tapioca pearls I've ever had. Perfect texture and bounce (sounds like a hair commercial) and so nice and fresh (this is the watermelon bubble tea).

The best bubble tea I've had is at the "Sweet Dreams TeaShop" in Waterloo and I always make sure to get a cup or ten when I visit my little Zibra. They also have a ton of boardgames and cards that are always fun. Unfortunately last time I was there in Feb I discovered they renovated and redesigned the place and although the bubble tea was as good as ever, it just wasn't the same grungy ambiance :(

The second best was from this cool mobile shop/van called "Cupp Tea Bar" that goes around the UK (I had it in Bristol). They make amazing hot Taro Bubble Tea. My favorite cold one is by far Lychee.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, weren't you the one to send me this a few weeks back?
    http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2012/09/06/bubble_tea_pearls_found_to_have_pcbs.html?app=noRedirect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would I ever send such a thing? I plead temporary insanity.

    ReplyDelete