Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bird Tongue Soup



Another traditional Egyptian soup, Bird Tongue Soup (aka lesaan asfour shourba) is definitely a comfort food for me. The "Chicken Soup" of Egyptians, it's a perfect pick-me-up when feeling ill or down. I made some yesterday, and as you can see in the pictures (sorry you'll ahve to tilt your head, can't figure out how to rotate the darn thing), I added too much bird tongue. Regardless, I enjoyed it and can't wait to have the leftovers today!

It's made in basically the same way as Mouloukhiyya but you just add bird tongue (aka Orzo), after lightly frying it to a golden color, to the soup. Easy and Delicious!





Also bought some roughly shredded roumy cheese (haven't had it in 7 months) to my rocket/dill/parsley salad.

2 comments:

  1. dude this looks awesome! i'll tell mom to make us some lesan 3asfour soup tomorrow hheheheheh but i have a quick question: why are the portions so small, does the hubby eat or its just u :P a french restaurant kind of portions (denden's comment :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha sadly it's for both of us! I should add a caption "photos appear smaller than in real life." Share your lesan 3asfour recipe if you make it differently!

    ReplyDelete